Deadline: 12 June, 2020
The newly launched Centre for Doctoral Training in Surgical and Interventional Engineering will train the next generation of surgical and interventional engineering scientists and innovators.
The new PhD student cohort will bring together the brightest minds across engineering specialties (e.g. biophotonics, machine learning, medical imaging, computer vision, mechatronics, data sciences, robotics, precision engineering, modelling, user experience and artificial intelligence) to address key challenges faced in the UK and globally by surgeons, interventional specialists and associated teams.
- The programme benefits from a unique environment of a world-leading, research-focused university with facilities embedded within a top-rated teaching hospital, St Thomas’ Hospital
- The programme has strong links with key medtech industry partners nurturing the clinical translation of the research
Each PhD studentship includes:
- Full tuition fees
- £17,285 tax-free stipend
- Generous allowance for research consumables and conference travel
- Applicable School/Department: School of Biomedical Engineering and Imaging Sciences
- Applicants must have a 1st class or upper second degree or Distinction in relevant subjects: Instrumentation technologies, Navigation technologies, Mathematics, Optics, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Electronic and Electrical Engineering.
Application closes on 12 June, 2020
For information on how to apply, please click here.