Deadline for abstract submission: Friday, 22 May 2020
The Africa Portal is pleased to announce the launch of a thematic series titled “Partnership for a Green Transition and Energy Access: Strategic priorities for European Union-Africa”, funded by the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Regional Programme on Energy Security and Climate Change in Sub-Saharan Africa.
They invite researchers to submit abstracts of no more than 500 words related to the theme EU-Africa Partnership for Energy Access and a Green Transition. A panel of experts will select six abstracts and invite authors to develop these into policy briefs (length: 2300 words). The panel will evaluate the policy briefs and a final selection of the four best briefings will be published on the Africa Portal.
A monetary token will be awarded to the authors of the six initially selected publications.
Call for abstracts
Scholars and researchers are invited to submit abstracts for policy papers on the theme of EU-Africa Partnership for Energy Access and a Green Transition. Authors may address the theme broadly or focus on specific topics (renewable energy financing, climate adaptation, technology transfer, circular economy, etc) appropriate to the theme. This initiative is aimed at promoting broader uptake of African perspectives on the key priorities related to EU-Africa partnership for energy access and green transition and hence submissions that reflect African scholarship and/or African perspectives in the EU-Africa partnership would be prioritised by the selection panel.
Please note the key dates of the process below.
- Submission of extracts: Friday, 22 May 2020
- Notification of abstract acceptance and invitation to submit policy brief: Friday, 29 May 2020
- Submission of policy briefs: Friday, 3 July 2020
- Publication of policy briefs: August 2020
Guidelines for submission
The applicant is required to submit: 1) an abstract, 2) a short CV, 3) evidence of written work.
The length of the abstract should not exceed 500 words. It should be written in English and submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the email should read: ABSTRACT SUBMISSION: EU-Africa.
The abstract must contain the following elements:
- The working title of the policy brief
- A clear description of the topic of the policy brief
- The aim of the policy brief
- At least 3 potential policy recommendations based on the briefing concept
It is necessary to provide a 2-page CV that includes the following:
- Name and surname of the author
- Organisation/institution and contact details (address, phone, e-mail) of the author
- A list of the author’s most relevant recent publications and/or projects
Please also submit two samples of recent written work where the applicant was the sole or lead author.
For enquiries, contact:
Programme Head, Governance of Africa’s Resources Programme, SAIIA
Visit webpage for more information here