Application Deadline 31 August 2020 23:59 CEST
In 2020, we are offering a series of research grants to stimulate innovative research in challenging areas of future importance. Grants of 100,000 EUR – 500,000 EUR per year for up to 3 years are availabe in the areas of
- Drug discovery
- Bioreactor design for cultured meat
- Next generation machine learning
- Pandemic preparedness / fighting new emerging viral infectious disease
The Merck research grants program is open to scientists in all career stages who are affiliated with any research-based institution, university or company. Applicants submit their application for the focus topics containing non-confidential information only. You may apply for more than one focus topic. If your application is successful, you will be invited to submit a full proposal and join a deep-dive workshop with the other finalists in 2020.
- Submissions are accepted from scientists in all countries all over the world.
- To submit an application, investigators must first register with our online portal. On your first visit, you will need to register (click “register” in the online form) with a valid email address. Your registration link will then be forwarded to this email address. Refer to the FAQ section for details.
- Submissions will be accepted until 31 August 2020 23:59 CEST for the Drug discovery, Bioreactor design, Next generation machine learning topics. For the Pandemic preparedness topic, there is no fixed deadline, since applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so that we are able to provide a quicker response in these challenging times.
The deep-dive workshop for the Drug discovery, Bioreactor design, Next generation machine learning topics will take place November 3rd- 5th, 2020 in Darmstadt, Germany. Finalists will work together with Merck managers and scientists to jointly optimize submitted project proposals. The culmination of the symposia will be the selection of the research grant winners.
Visit webpage for more information here