Deadline: 12 September 2019
The Hilden Charitable Fund is seeking applications to award grants to projects both in the UK and in developing countries with an aim to address disadvantages, notably by supporting causes which are less likely to raise funds from public subscriptions.
Both the UK and overseas fund policy is directed largely at supporting work at community level.
After a major review of Fund activities in 1992, the following grant making priorities were established: homelessness, minorities, penal affairs and overseas countries. These priorities are reviewed on a three year cycle.
While Trustees’ policy is to address needs by considering and funding specific projects’ costs, Trustees are most sympathetic to funding general running, or core costs. In awarding these types of ‘unrestricted’ grants, Trustees believe that great value can be added, as most charities find fund raising for core costs most difficult. Trustees look to the Hilden staff team to advise applicants on funding alternatives if grant applications cannot be considered or awarded.
- In the UK: Hilden’s grant making priorities are Homelessness, Penal Affairs, Asylum Seekers and Refugees, and Community Based initiatives for Disadvantaged Young People Aged 16 to 25.
- Overseas: Hilden’s grant making priorities overseas are for projects in developing countries working on community development, education, and health. Trustees will particularly welcome projects that address the needs and potential of girls and women.
- Average grants are £5,000.
- Hilden will consider funding for more than one year.
How to Apply
- Applicants can apply via given website.
- Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial, Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe, United Kingdom.
Deadline: 12 September 2019
For more information, please visit http://www.hildencharitablefund.org.uk/index.htm