Applications open till 24 July
The British Council invites young digital creatives to take part in the third edition of ColabNowNow in partnership with Maputo Fast Forward and Fak’ugesi African Digital Innovation Festivals.
WHO THEY ARE LOOKING FOR?
Are you a daring artist or storyteller working in a digital medium and living in Africa or the UK?
Are you open to collaborating with other artists/storytellers?
Do you want a chance to see your collaborative work shown across Africa, the UK and extensively online?
- Artists can include, but are not limited to: visual/graphic artists, architects, technical artists, programmers/coders, music/sound artists, performers and animators.
- Storytellers can include, but are not limited to: writers, photographers, filmmakers, videographers, bloggers and vloggers.
Selected creatives will meet in Johannesburg at the Fak’ugesi African Digital Innovation Festival (3-8 September) where they will share their creative work with each other and the public through workshops and presentations. These days will set the groundwork for the collaborative work over the next month, where an artistic and a technical facilitator will engage with the creatives online to develop the work from 9 – 31 September. (Facilitators have been selected from a closed call including ColabNowNow creatives from 2017 and 2018)
Creatives will then meet in Maputo, Mozambique, 2-12 October, to work collaboratively in the lead up to the opening of the ColabNowNow exhibition which coincides with the opening of the Maputo Fast Forward Festival.
The exhibition will be catalogued and digitised, allowing it to travel from November 2019 – February 2020 to East, West and North Africa, THE UK, and in its entirety online.
Creatives will receive artistic and technical support from two facilitators, who will work with the creatives to develop complex collaborative works in both their conceptual and technical forms.
All travel, accommodation, meals and VISA costs are covered by the British Council.
Artists will be paid a fee of 500 GBP for their participation.
A technical and installation budget is available for the collective use of the ColabNowNow team.
East Africa: Ethiopia | Kenya | Rwanda | South Sudan | Sudan | Tanzania | Uganda
West Africa: Ghana | Nigeria | Senegal | Sierra Leone
Southern Africa: Botswana | Malawi | Mauritius | Mozambique | Namibia | South Africa | Zambia | Zimbabwe
North Africa: Algeria | Egypt | Morocco | Tunisia
United Kingdom: England | Northern Ireland | Scotland | Wales
- Applications are open to artists and storytellers working in digital media who are aged 18-35.
- You must live in and have a valid passport from one of the eligible countries.
- You must be available to travel to Johannesburg 3-8 September, and Maputo 2-12 October – including travel time before and after said dates. Full attendance is required.
- Previous selected ColabNowNow creatives are not eligible to apply.
- Click to apply here
Visit webpage for more information here