Deadline : 1 January, 2019
If you have an innovation or an idea about sustainable crop protection, you can apply! IUPAC are now waiting to accept submissions from you, the next generation of plant protection leaders who have an innovation or idea they want to promote. Fifty (50) will be selected and fully sponsored to come to the IUPAC International Congress and the Next Generation Agri Summit in Ghent, Belgium.
What is being offered?
- IUPAC 2019 is offering 50 sponsored places to the next generation of leaders in crop protection to participate in the four-day Agri Summit in Ghent, Belgium (19-23 May 2019) and link with the IUPAC International Congress.
- From the Next Generation Agri-Summit applications they want to select up to five N-GAGE champions and provide seed funding (€5,000) to facilitate the startup of their innovation or project idea in crop protection. For one year (May 2019-May 2020), they will mentor these young innovators within their innovation/idea, linking them with seasoned researchers and practitioners and integrating them in other agricultural youth networks and organizations. Training on new ways to advocate and network using innovative communication tools will be provided.
- Expectations from those that apply, and are chosen, is that they will participate fully in the Next Generation Agri Summit. They will attend and engage in the programme, make new connections, ask questions and bring an open mind.
- Applicants must be between 18 and 40 years of age and either currently enrolled in an agricultural educational institution or have recently graduated in the past two years.
- Those applying will be asked to submit their application by email iupacnextgenerationprogram(at)gmail.com as an attachment written in MS Word or any other text editor. Applications can be in English or French. Be aware that the IUPAC 2019 Congress and the Next Generation Agri Summit are in English so applicants must be comfortable in talking and understanding English.
- The application must be no more than 2 pages and be written in a story-telling format (as if it were a blogpost).
- The story must be accompanied by no more than 2 illustrations, photos or videos that is the copyright of the applicant. Include picture credentials in your application. Pictures/videos should be attached to the submission email – and sent as separate attachments.
- No fancy formatting or structuring in the text.
Application closes on 1 February, 2019
For more information and to apply, click here.
Please follow and like us: