Deadline: 1 May, 2019
Welcome to the Bristol Short Story Prize – an annual international writing competition open to all published and unpublished, UK and non-UK based writers. The 2019 Bristol Short Story Prizeis open for entries. Enter online or by post.
The rules for the 2019 Bristol Short Story Prize carefully before entering:
- Closing date for receipt of entries is May 1st 2019.
- Entrants must be over 16 years old on the closing date, May 1st 2019.
- The maximum length of submissions is 4,000 words (does not include title), there is no minimum length. Stories can be on any theme or subject and are welcome in any style including graphic, verse or genre-based (Crime, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Historical, Romance, Children’s etc..) .
- The 2019 Bristol Short Story Prize is open to all published and unpublished writers. There is no geographical restriction on entry. All entries must be in English. There are no specific formatting requirements: font type, font size, line spacing etc. Writers may format their work in the way they feel is most appropriate – they do not specify any particular format for submissions. Please send postal entry/entries to: Bristol Short Story Prize, Unit 5.16, Paintworks, Bath Road Bristol BS4 3EH
- Authors may enter as many stories as they like. There is an entry fee of £9 for each story submitted to the 2019 Bristol Short Story Prize. Entrants will be transferred to the Paypal website after they have submitted their story/stories to the 2019 Bristol Short Story Prize to pay the entry fee. Payment for postal entries to the 2019 Bristol Short Story Prize should be made by cheque. Cheque payments must be in pounds sterling and cheques should be made payable to ‘Bristol Short Story Prize Ltd.’. Each postal submission must be accompanied by a signed entry form confirming an entrant has read the rules of the 2019 Bristol Short Story Prize and accepts the rules of the 2019 Bristol Short Story Prize.
- Entries will not be returned. Please keep a copy. No corrections or alterations can be made after receipt of an entry.
- Entries must be entirely the work of the entrant and must never have been previously published, in print or online (including self-published, ebook, magazines, journals, websites, blogs, social network sites), or broadcast or won a prize in another writing competition on or before October 12th2019. Any entry found to have been plagiarised will be disqualified. Simultaneous submissions are welcome but please let them know as soon as possible if a story is to be published elsewhere, in print or online (including self-published, ebook, magazines, journals, websites, blogs, social network sites), or broadcast or has won a prize in another writing competition on or before October 12th 2019.
For more information and to apply, click here.
Please follow and like us: