Deadline: 31 May, 2020.
To support excellence in postgraduate research, up to 75 University of Waikato Doctoral Scholarships will be awarded each year to high-achieving candidates applying for admission to an approved doctoral qualification at the University of Waikato.
1. The Scholarship is open to New Zealand citizens, permanent residents, and international students.
2. The Scholarship is for candidates enrolling in a doctoral qualification, i.e. a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Doctor of Musical Arts (DMA), Doctor of Education (EdD), or Doctor of Juridical Science (SJD), at the University of Waikato.
3. Candidates will normally be seeking to obtain their first doctoral qualification.
4. Candidates should normally be intending to study full-time at the University of Waikato.
Candidates who have socially compelling reasons for enrolling in part-time
study (e.g. illness, disability, parent or carer responsibilities) may apply to the
Scholarships Executive for permission to be awarded the Scholarship.
The value of the Scholarship shall be:
1. A living allowance of $25,000 in total every 12 months, payable in monthly
instalments for up to 36 months (three years) in total.
The living allowance is paid on a pro-rata basis for approved part-
2. The domestic tuition fees for enrolment in the doctoral qualification during the
term of the Scholarship; and
3. The Student Services Levy.
Any additional costs such as medical insurance, moving costs, and research expenses must be met by the student
Applications will be considered in three rounds a year. Candidates who wish to be
considered for a Scholarship must submit a complete Application to Enrol by
31 January, 31 May, or 30 September in order to be considered.
For more information and to apply, click here.