Deadline: 31 January, 2020
- 25 participants each summer
- 8 weeks of lab experience
- Mentoring by faculty and scientific staff
- Access to scientific seminars
- Science related Friday afternoon workshops
- Closing symposium with poster sessions from all participants
- Rich program of social activities, including a day hike to Swiss alps with raclette, BBQ at a professors home and an excursion to the CERN
- 2 months – July 6th to August 28th 2020
- Students must be present during the entire program
- Application deadline – January 31st2020,
- Please note that you must have your documents and referee details ready to upload when you start to fill out the application. There is no option to save and come back to it. Also, the referees will only receive their link to upload your letter when you submit your application. Please keep this in mind when organizing your application.
- Join on-going research in a lab of the EPFL School of Life Sciences
- Learn new techniques while studying a research topic related to current health issues
- Improve critical thinking and experimental design
- Prepare for future independent research as a graduate student
- Experience the excitement and challenges of scientific research gaining insight into what a research career entails
- Each student receives CHF 3,200 for the two-month period which covers housing and living costs.
- Housing is reserved and paid for out of the stipends beforehand.
- Students are housed together either in Lausanne or Geneva depending on lab assignment.
- Students have either single rooms or double rooms and share a kitchen and bathroom facilities with their fellow SRP participants.
The majority of travel costs to and from Switzerland is covered. The program reimburses up to CHF 1,000 for overseas flights and CHF 500 for shorter distances
Application closes on 31 January, 2020.
For more information and to apply, click here.