Deadline : 7 September, 2019
The 2019 WISE Learners’ Voice Program brings the perspectives of young people aged 16-21 to the challenge of rethinking education and equips them to take on leading roles in their fields and in the world of education. The program aims to give young people a platform to voice their views and to create a youth community interested in shaping the future of education.
The program comprises of a residential session in Doha, participation at the 2019 WISE Summit and the publication of a collective creative work.
For more information, please visit the official webpage.
The revised 2019 Learners’ Voice Program aims to give young people a platform to voice their views and to create a youth community interested in shaping the future of education. At WISE, they believe in empowering young people by ensuring that their views are included at WISE 2019.
The threefold objectives of the program to give young people:
- The tools and resources they need to ensure their voices are heard
- A platform to voice their opinions and discuss with policymakers, educators and innovators in education
- An opportunity to participate and engage at WISE 2019 and to have their work creative work published by WISE.
- The 2019 Learners’ Voice Program will serve as a unique opportunity for motivated young people to join peers from around the world to voice their collective aspirations for education.
- Through interactive workshops, experiential sessions and creative exercises, Learners will gain the skills and mindsets required to forge their place in designing the future of education.
- Alumni from past Learners’ Voice cohorts will be actively involved in the delivery of this program
- Candidates must be aged 16-21 who are interested in engaging in the field of education.
- Candidates must have a valid travel document.
- Candidates must be willing and available to travel to Doha from 16-22 November 2019.
- Candidates should be proficient in spoken and written English, and should be comfortable presenting and speaking in public.
- Candidates must be curious-minded, flexible and comfortable in multicultural environments.
- Candidates must demonstrate creativity and reflection in their creative submissions on the selected prompt.
- The candidate clearly demonstrates engagement in social issues and how s/he has sought to overcome them through innovative ideas, and initiatives.
- Candidates must secure approval from their schools/institutions to attend the program, and parents if under 18 years of age.
Eligible Regions: Open for All