The YPLS Africa program convenes young politicians and youth activists with a passion for supporting good governance, policy advocacy, fostering transparency in government, and mobilizing their communities to ensure that government officials are accountable to the people. Participants could network with like-minded peers and to acquire the skills they need to play an active role in the political and governance processes in their respective countries. The YPLS Africa is a great platform to democratically transform the African continent and improve democratic governance through well experienced, accountable, accessible and responsive young African leaders.
Over the course of three months, fellows will engage in a series of theoretical and interactive exercises designed to develop their knowledge and political leadership skills. The program includes 10 weeks of group discussions, field trips, and civic engagement activities, a one-week intensive classroom lecture series in Monrovia, Liberia, ongoing coaching and mentorship from staff, and a personalized leadership development plan.
Since April 2016, 430 young politicians and activists have participated in the YPLS Africa program. Naymote Partners for Democratic Development is pleased to announce that the YPLS Africa program is accepting applications to welcome its next cohort of 75 emerging African leaders who are interested in public service, shared leadership, policy advocacy, entrepreneurship, communication, political campaigning and community organizing, etc to Monrovia, Liberia from October 14-18, 2019.
To be selected, applicant must meet the following criteria.
- Applicant must be a college graduate, or active youth leader aged 18- 35 years,
- Applicant must be a resident of an African country
- Applicant must demonstrate a high level of interest in politics, leadership and community service,
- Applicant must demonstrate commitment to learning and sharing their knowledge and skills with others
- Applicant must demonstrate commitment to implementing practicum/follow up events and actively engage in networking and the YPLS Africa Alumni Association,
- Applicant must have the ability to communicate clearly and be proficient in reading and writing English.
- Youth activists, young politicians or political candidates, student leaders, women, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Fellows will enjoy ongoing support, mentorship and coaching throughout the program.
- Fellows will gain experience, new skills and build networks that will be useful in their professional growth.
- Fellows will receive a certificate of completion, branded t-shirts, bags, and other training materials.
- Fellows will receive Personal Leadership Development Plan
- Meals and local transportation costs for international students will be provided during the five-day training in Liberia as well as lunch for all participants. All international participants will be responsible for their travel and accommodation while in Liberia.
- Meals and local transportation costs for international students will be provided during the five-day training in Liberia as well as lunch for all participants.
- All international participants will be responsible for their travel and accommodation while in Liberia. The YPLS, Semester VI supported by the National Endowment for Democracy (NED).
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
The deadline for submitting applications is June 30, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (GMT). Applications should be submitted through the YPLS online form
Interested individuals can also apply by sending letter of application, a current resume, one passport size photo, two letters of recommendation and academic credentials, a motivational letter 700 words on why I should be considered for the training and where I want to see yourself in the next five years, to firstname.lastname@example.org cc: email@example.com.
Those residing in hard-to-reach counties in Liberia, please contact the following numbers for assistance to submit your application 0886908077/0776476498/ 0776793356/ 0777604909. Note: Deadline for APPLICATION: June 30, 2019 at 11:59 PM (GMT). The YPLS Africa Semester VI is supported by the National Endowment for Democracy.
Visit webpage for more information here