Application deadline-May 31, 2019
Applications are now invited for 2019 SAFE Leadership Challenge (SLC) for secondary school students and teachers. This is an initiative of the Sozo Networks Africa that aims to develop young social innovators with the desire to create lasting impact in their immediate community. The challenge seeks to inspire students to improve their communities through entrepreneurial actions.
The SLC provides the opportunity for outstanding secondary school students to create sustainable solutions to pressing issues in their communities; making use of their own creativity and innovation. Guided by teachers and mentors, the students take an entrepreneurial approach to create human centered solutions to the biggest challenges in their communities.
Are you a secondary school student or teacher, do you know anyone who is? Invite them to apply for the 2019 SLC.
● Applications are open to teams and not individuals. Each team should consist of 3 students and 1 teacher/mentor
● Students should be currently enrolled in a secondary school in Nigeria and have at least 6 months before graduation
● Mentors should be teaching/non-teaching staff of school/organisation where students are enrolled
● Students should be in their SSS1 and SSS2 grades
● Teacher/mentor should be 18 and above
Five finalist teams will be invited to the final competition pitch at the 2019 SAFE Conference in July
Top three winning teams will receive the following:
● Cash prize
● Access to 3 months mentorship at the Sozo leadership institute
● Educational grant for winning schools
● Award plaque for each school
● One teacher will receive cash prize and certificate of excellence for commitment to the program
Each application will be judged based on the following:
● Creativity and Innovation – What makes this approach different?
● Social impact – Does this idea address a real social issue?
● Scalability – Can this solution be replicated in another environment with the
same social issue?
● Sustainability – Does the solution consider business and environmental
PART ONE: team information
● Name of team members
● Class/grade of each team member
● School represented
● Location of school
● Age of each team member
● Team mentor
● Mentor relationship with team members
PART TWO: project details
● Name/title of project/social enterprise
● Problem identified (not more than 50 words)
● SDGs this project/social entreprise seeks to solve
● Demography mostly affected by this problem
● Solution/intervention (not more than 500 words)
● How is this solution different from other existing solutions? (not more than 200
● What challenges did you encounter while working on this project/social
enterprise and how were you able to overcome them? (not more than 500 words)
● What is your sustainability plan?
PART THREE: contact information
● Team members contact number
● Team members email address (optional)
● Mentor contact number
● Mentor email address (optional)
● School address
● School email address (optional)
● School website (optional)
You are to submit your application as a PDF document to the email address email@example.com