Application deadline- Wednesday 8 May 2019
Applications for the Associations of Commonwealth Universities Peace and Reconciliation Fellowships are now open. Tenable in any field linked to the ACU’s Peace and Reconciliation network for purposes of research, teaching and learning, and institutional reform. These may include, but are not limited to:
- Human rights
- Indigenous studies
- Peace and post-conflict studies
- Transformative justice
Applicants must be either PhD students, post-doctoral academic staff at any stage of their career or professional staff of an ACU member university.
ACU Member University in Nigeria
- Adekunle Ajasin University
- Afe Babalola University
- Ahmadu Bello University
- Bayero University
- Covenant University
- Delta State University, Nigeria
- Ebonyi State University
- Elizade University
- Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta
- Federal University of Technology Akure
- Federal University of Technology Minna
- Gombe State University
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola
- Niger Delta University
- Nile University of Nigeria
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University
- Redeemer’s University (RUN)
- Rivers State University
- University of Calabar
- University of Ibadan
- University of Ilorin
- University of Jos
- University of Lagos
- University of Nigeria
- University of Port Harcourt
Two fellowships are available.
Tenable at any ACU member university outside the applicant’s country of residence.
The fellowships can be used for either a collaborative academic research visit, or a collaborative fact-finding visit.
Tenure of Fellowship
The tenure of the fellowship must be for a period of between one and six months, and travel must take place between 1 August 2019 and 31 July 2020.
Value of Fellowship
Up to GBP £5000 and intended to cover:
- international economy return airfare and other travel costs
- medical insurance and visa fees
- board and lodging fees
- research costs
Fellows are required to submit a short written report using a form provided by the ACU within two months of the fellowship ending, and to respond to a follow-up survey a year later. Fellows will also be invited to join the ACU’s alumni programme.
Visit webpage for more information here