Application Deadline- 31 March 2019
The Asia-Pacific Centre of Education for International Understanding (APCEIU) will organize the 5th Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED (Global Citizenship Education) from 3 to 9 June 2019.
The one-week Workshop aims to build capacity of dynamic youth leaders around the world to identify strategies to achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), specifically Target 4.7, and to carry out innovative initiatives on fostering global citizenship and human rights. While enabling participants to deepen their understanding of GCED, the Workshop allows the young leaders to play a major role and become part of a wider network of youth leaders for GCED.
During the Workshop, participants will identify specific priority issues around global citizenship and establish plans for the future direction of GCED. Working both individually and in groups, the young leaders will devise the goals and strategies for use at local and national levels. Participants will learn about specific areas such as GCED and human rights through information sessions and engage in dialogue and debates on the evolving issues. As part of the Workshop, participants will make a field visit to discuss the role of youth for a more peaceful and sustainable future.
Application for the 5th Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED must be submitted before 31 March 2019 (KST 23:59). Successful applicants will be notified by 8 April 2019. Travel expenses and Workshop fees will be covered by APCEIU for the selected participants (participants will be responsible for the domestic travel expenses and visa fees in their own countries).
Please complete this application form and submit prior to the deadline (31 March 2019).Applicant should meet the following requirements:
(1) Born between 1991 and 2000
(2) Citizens of the Official Development Aid (ODA) recipient countries (Refer to the following box) and UNESCO member states
(3) Minimum 2 years of experience in youth activities
(4) Completion of the e-learning course titled “Voices of Youth: Youth Advocacy for GCED” on GCED Online Campus (www.gcedonlinecampus.org
) between 1 – 31 March, 2019
(5) Proficiency in spoken and written EnglishExpenses
Travel expenses and Workshop fees will be covered by APCEIU for the selected participants (participants will be responsible for the domestic travel expenses and visa fees in their own countries).
About the Application Process
Before continuing your application, please keep in mind that you have to:
1. Complete [Part 1] Personal Information (will take about 10 minutes)
2. Complete [Part 2] Information on Past and Current Activities (will take about 30 minutes)
3. Check [Part 3] Completion of E-learning Course. We have an official record system to keep track of pass/fail on this course, so if there is any mismatch between the answer within the application and the online course record system, the following applicants will be automatically disregarded during the selection process.
For this reason, we recommend that you reserve 40 minutes to complete your application in an adequate manner.
Begin application here
- Contact Information: Office of Education and Training
- Email: Training@unescoapceiu.org / Telephone: +82-2-774-3956 (ext. 802)
- Attached: Concept Note of the 5th Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED
- Online Application: https://goo.gl/forms/xtnsEKikQwFod01D3
Visit webpage for more information here
Please follow and like us: