Application deadline- Sunday 31 March 2019
Early Career Conference Grants support early career academics – without previous international experience – to participate in an international conference held in any country other than their country of employment.
- Applicants must be employed in an academic (research and/or teaching) role by an ACU member institution.
- Applications are open to university staff who are less than 10 years from the start of their employment in an academic role.
- Academic staff who have recently returned to work after a career break can also be considered: applicants should make this clear in their application.
Applicants must not have previously worked at or attended an academic conference outside their home region.
The conference to be attended must be a recognised academic conference in a field relevant to the applicant’s area of expertise in a country other than the applicant’s country of employment. Applicants must give full details of their chosen conference at the time of application.
Proof of a paper submission/acceptance must be attached to the application form.
The grant must be used to participate in a conference between 1 June 2019 and 31 December 2019.
Applications to attend conferences outside these dates will not be successful.
The maximum amount of each grant is GBP £2,000. Grants can be used to cover travel and visa costs, conference fees, accommodation and subsistence.
Other terms and conditions
- Applicants must provide a letter of support from their head of department.
- Successful applicants will be responsible for arranging any required visa as well as making their own travel arrangements.
- Grants will be paid in a single instalment to a nominated individual at the grant holder’s home institution.
- Grant holders must provide an account of expenditure and a brief report on how their grant has been spent.
Begin application process here
Visit webpage for more information here