Deadline : 30 January, 2019
The DRI network invite participants from academia, NGOs and civil society groups, government, consulting companies and business to submit abstracts which offer ideas to further the debate on the conference theme: leadership for inclusive development.
They encourage submissions which highlight research findings, experience of particular activities or groups (case studies), or ideas for proposed initiatives to address the conference sub-themes.
Submissions that involve collaborations and co-presentations from different organisations, disciplines or sectors are encouraged.
The RDI Network is looking to offer scholarships to support emerging early career researchers, evaluators, and practitioners from low and middle-income countries in the Asia-Pacific region to participate in RDI Conference 2019.
AUSTRALIA AWARDS RECIPIENTS
Australia Awards recipients currently studying at universities in Australia are strongly encouraged to participate in the Conference, and can submit an abstract using the submission form. The Australian Government Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade will cover the costs of a limited number of Australia Awards recipients to attend the conference.
How to make a submission
Abstracts must address the conference theme, and fit into one of the following session categories:
- Papers (15 mins presentation) – full panels made up of 3-4 papers are welcomed;
- Roundtables on a particular issue (1.5 hours) or policy hacks to develop solutions (1.5 hours)
- Soapbox presentations or ‘pitches’: research findings, proposals or innovations (5-10mins);
- Debates – two teams (with 2-3 members per team) debate a particular ‘motion’, with audience interaction (45 minutes or 1.5 hours);
- Workshops – facilitated processes to explore particular issues and share ideas (1.5 hours);
- Ignite’ presentations (20 slides advancing at 15 seconds per slide i.e. 5 minute presentation)
- Music, performance, photo exhibitions or arts sessions designed to stimulate thinking and emotional responses to questions of leadership, inclusion and social change.
Submissions must include the following details (in a single file):
- Abstract/Session Title
- Name of author/s and organisational affiliation/s (including lead contact point)
- Session category (selected from the list above)
- Abstract, following the guideline below:
- Papers, Soapbox, Ignite presentations, art or performance: Max. 300 words
- Roundtables, Panels, Debates, Workshops: Max. 600 words
- Detail explicit links to theme and sub-theme/s
- Description of the session’s target audience, and how they will benefit.
Application closes on the 30 January, 2019
For more information and to apply, click here.