Deadline : Application is on-going
The Rockefeller Foundation is seeking an experienced Program Associate to support the Bellagio & Fellowship team’s research and content function. The role involves research and ideation across the full range of the team’s activities, requiring curiosity, creativity and versatility, a global perspective, and a passion for innovative thinking with the potential to advance human progress. The successful applicant will work closely with the Managing Director, Bellagio & Fellowships. This is a demanding multidisciplinary role, offering great opportunities for professional development, ideally suited to someone with excellent conversational, presentational and writing skills and a background in journalism, public policy or a similar field.
As a key part of this history, The Rockefeller Foundation’s Bellagio Center on Lake Como, Italy, is one of the world’s most notable convening sites for policymakers, practitioners, influential scholars, artists, writers and scientists, to advance ideas and social innovation. Building on its rich history, the Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio & Fellowships team is a leading identifier and generator of the intellectual capital needed to solve the globe’s most pressing problems, and a convener of those driving solutions to help maximize their impact – all in service of our beneficiaries and our mission to promote the well-being of humanity throughout the world. Our activities include: curating world class convenings and other events in Bellagio and around the world; delivering a high quality Bellagio residency and conference program; managing the Rockefeller Foundation Fellowship program; and launching and managing our planned new alumni network and publishing platform/journal. The Bellagio & Fellowships team is part of the Rockefeller Foundation’s Global Policy and Advocacy unit, also comprised of regional offices in Asia and Africa, and the policy, communications, partnerships, and program influence and campaigns teams.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Thought partnership with MD Bellagio & Fellowships and other team members on all aspects of event content and other content, including brainstorming and idea generation
- Ensure team has up to date information on its key issues of focus, and draw attention to relevant emerging trends in geopolitics, philanthropy and global development, and identify significant new ideas in areas such as the UN Sustainable Development Goals, Fragile States, innovative finance and social entrepreneurship
- Help devise and execute content development, including events, articles and blogs, presentations, speaker series, etc.
- Be available to attend meetings with MD (and other team members as directed), ensuring proper briefings in advance and follow-up afterwards
Qualifications and Skills
- Curiosity about the world, and in particular, efforts to improve it; an enthusiasm for ideas and debate, especially the sort that result in positive action
- Bachelor’s degree in e.g. public policy, global affairs, journalism
- Masters/Advanced degree preferred
- Demonstrated interest in geopolitics, global development, social entrepreneurship/impact investing, innovation, or similar
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ relevant work experience
- Effective written and oral reporting, analytical and communication skills across programmatic, geographic, cultural and other differences
- Excellent presentation skills with a track record of success in presenting to thought-leaders or senior management and other groups
- Experience working in global organizations and /or contexts strongly preferred
- Has the ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative and collegial environment
- The position is based in New York. Some travel required
- Ability to research, synthesize and integrate disparate pieces of data, analysis, and information
- Ability to multi-task and experience dynamically setting work priorities among competing needs; comfort with a changing work environment
- Excellent communication skills to convey complex information appropriately to stakeholders with different backgrounds and needs, both oral and written
Application is on going
For more information and to apply, click here.