Deadline : 10 January, 2019
With generous support from various sources, a number of grants and awards are available every year for supporting delegates to attend the IFLA World Library and Information Congress.
The Award offers the top three winners prize money towards travel, accommodation and registration to attend the Athens WLIC in 2019.
- First place – 3000 euros
- Second place – 2000 euros
- Third place – 1500 euros
Objectives of the award
- Recognise the best library marketing projects from previous calendar year;
- Encourage marketing in libraries;
- Provide an opportunity for libraries to share marketing experience and expertise globally
- Any library that markets library products or services is eligible to apply for the award
- Applications must be written in one of seven IFLA languages
- Applicants may also submit an English translation if they prefer
- Applications must be submitted with supporting materials by 10 January 2019
- Present an original marketing strategy
- Answer each question on the application
- Explain the benefits of the strategy
- Provide a full description of the marketing strategy
- Summarize the strategy and its results.
Libraries and institutions are encouraged to describe the imaginative and inventive aspects of the projects.
Applications will be judged on
- Strategic approach to marketing, indicated in the research and planning stages of a submitted project
- Creativity and innovation as demonstrated by the originality of solutions to the marketing challenges
- Potential for generating widespread public visibility and support for libraries irrespective of the kind or amount of resources employed
- Effectiveness illustrated by measurable objectives and subsequent evaluation methods
Applicants are encouraged to include marketing using digital resources:
- Electronic journals, publisher databases, institutional repositories,
- Web and digital libraries,
- Information literacy,
- New products and new services.
Proposals are reviewed on the basis of how well they meet the above criteria.
Other factors are
- Clarity of planning and partnerships with external organisations
- Efficient allocation of resources (staff, materials, time)
Application deadline is 10 January, 2019
For more information and to apply, click here.