Deadline : 14 January, 2019
A Global Challenge Fellowship presents the opportunity to work on a truly international project, addressing some of the biggest and most challenging problems of our time, and translating cutting edge research into local impact.
Working with BIOSEC, you will embark on either a 12- or 24-month project to address problems faced by those in the Global South. You will work in collaboration with overseas institutions where you will spend between 25 – 50% of your time. It will be up to you to design and complete a major research project.
This fellowship presents an exceptional opportunity for a visionary researcher to contribute to the transformation of the social, economic and environmental circumstances of countries in the Global South.
- Independently design, execute and write-up a major research project which addresses the evidenced development needs of a DAC-list country or countries whilst working in collaboration with a DAC-list country partner and across multiple disciplines.
- Develop strong and sustainable relationships between colleagues in Sheffield and international partners.
- Contribute to the broader research life of host departments and research centres.
- A postdoctoral researcher with the ability to demonstrate an outstanding capacity for innovative research based on a wealth of research experience.
- A clear vision, set out in the proposal, which outlines the broader contribution this project can make to the field of international development.
- Experience of working or conducting research in the country/countries where the research is proposed to take place and a strong relationship with the proposed partner institution(s).
- A proven driver of interdisciplinary and cross-cultural knowledge exchange with a commitment to equality and diversity.
Application closes on 14 January, 2019
For more information and to apply, click here.