Application Deadline: December 31, 2018.
In 2015, all 193 United Nations member countries signed on to 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to “create the future we want in 2030.” SDGs & Her is an online competition for women micro-entrepreneurs to showcase how they are supporting the SDGs through their business operations.
The objectives of the initiative are to:
- recognize women implementing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), including women business owners of microenterprises;
- increase knowledge about the SDGs and their potential impacts on women among non-traditional audiences; and
- collaborate with private sector partners on all SDGs, but SDG5 in particular; to share best practices and innovative ideas.
The first ever SDGs&Her competition in 2018 attracted over 1,200 contenders through an online competition platform from 88 countries. The 2019 season of the competition is now open:
Winners will receive leadership training, mentoring and will be flown to Washington DC, for an event at the World Bank Group-IMF Spring Meetings in April 2019 , where they will showcase their achievements.
To be eligible you must:
- be a woman owner of a business that has been in operation for at least 3 years
- own a micro-enterprise, with at least 1 and no more than 9 employees
- have a loan eligibility of under USD $10,000 or annual sales of under USD $100,000
To Enter: Applicants complete a short online template, describing their work and linking their initiative/product to 1 or more SDGs.
Judging: Entries will be screened by a university partner and then judged by an expert panel. Judges will determine the winners based on the impact on the SDGs, vision and purpose, and clarity of the entries.
If you participated in the 2018 season of the SDGs&Her competition, then you may use the same user name and password. If you have forgotten your password or need to reset your password, please do so on the homepage.
The deadline for the competition closed on December 31, 2018.
For more information, please visit the official webpage of the SDG’s & Her Competition.