Application deadlines for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarships are:
- Bachelor: January 31, 2019
- Master: January 15, 2019
- Summer School: February 18, 2019
- Deadline for Nigeria applicants-1st of December 2019 at the latest.
The Mastercard foundation and Sciences Po Paris (France) have launched their new Mastercard Foundation Scholars program. This scholarship program aims at sponsoring a number of African students to pursue master studies in Sciences Po Paris. The scholarship program concerns various degrees at Sciences Po, including Law, International Affairs, Urban studies, Management and Innovation.
The scholarships will be awarded for a period of two years, starting in September 2019. The program is designed for African students with outstanding academic records. The socio-economic background of candidates will also be taken into consideration as the program is intended to help students facing serious financial difficulties.
Financial Aid & Career Preparation
The scholarships are awarded to students from sub-Saharan African countries with an outstanding academic record and strong leadership potential, but who face financial and other barriers to higher education.
The scholarships are awarded for a period of three years for the Bachelor’s degree, two years for the Master’s degree and one month for the Summer School. They cover the full cost of tuition fees at Sciences Po and living costs in France during the study period.
As well as funding their studies, Sciences Po will offer scholars a specific suite of resources to ensure they have appropriate academic support and to facilitate their transition from education to employment:
- An orientation programme and individualised academic advising throughout their studies at Sciences Po
- A mentor programme offered in collaboration with the Africa Division of Sciences Po Alumni
- Career guidance and support: an online job platform dedicated to professional opportunities in Africa (internships and first jobs), access to our business incubator and the network of employers and alumni working in Africa, and specific career workshops.
The French Institute for Research in Africa (IFRA) is the partner in Nigeria of Sciences Po Paris and the Mastercard foundation for this scholarship program. This means that all Nigerian students interested in applying will have to provide a recommendation letter issued by IFRA.
IFRA Nigeria will not accept any application by courier or hand deposit. Prior to the application submission, candidates must not contact us privately, in person or by phone. All the application details are already here:
Requests for applications must be sent to email@example.com. They must contain ALL the following elements, or they will not be considered:
- complete CV
- A personal presentation explaining the motivations of the candidates including:
- The degree the applicant is interested in pursuing.
- Why the applicant thinks his/her profile is relevant.
- Long-term goals of the applicant and how this study experience will benefit him/her.
Note that it is extremely important that applicants keep this personal presentation concise (one page maximum) and be as precise and rigorous as possible.
The selected candidates will be assisted by IFRA through the stages of the application process to the scholarship and the master programs at Sciences Po.
Candidates must apply online on the dedicated website. There are two steps to the application:
- First, candidates provide personal information and a letter of recommendation from the Sciences Po partner institution which is supporting their application through the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program.
- After this first step to assess eligibility, applicants receive an email inviting them to complete the rest of the application: information on their financial situation, their educational background and extra-curricular experiences, and their plans for the future.
Eligibility for the scholarship is determined in light of candidates’ academic record and socio-economic situation.
Visit IFRA webpage for more information here
Visit Mastercard Foundation Scholarship webpage here