Deadline for applications: 31 December 2018
The Mo Ibrahim Foundation in association with SOAS and the Centre of African Studies-University of London is organising a one-week Residential School, in Abidjan, Ivory Coast, on 01-05 April 2019 on the topic of
‘Governance and Development in Africa’.
The residential school is for 20 participants who are policy makers, academics, researchers or civil society representatives from any African country who will gain, through this training, new ideas and knowledge on
the broad issue of governance and development. We welcome applications from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Applicants should have at least an MSc degree in areas related to Governance or 5 years professional experiences in fields relevant to the theme of Governance and Development in Africa.
- The official language of the School is English.
- All costs for successful applicants, including economy flights, visa costs, accommodation and meal, will be covered. No per diem.
Applications should include:
1. 2 page max CV (including email address for correspondence)
2. One reference letter (can be emailed directly by referee to
3. Proposal of max 1000 words outlining research interest and/or professional background and how the applicant will benefit from attending the Residential School
To be sent electronically:
Centre of African Studies
SOAS -University of London
Thornaugh Street, Russell Square
London WC1H 0XG
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel.: +44 (0) 207 898 4370
Check out the application PDF
Here’s the link