The deadline is 23:59 (GMT) on Friday 26 October 2018
The Centre for the Study of African Economies has been researching economic and social development in Africa since 1986. These days, a large team of development economists research not only countries in Africa, but also in other developing areas of the world. The CSAE is part of the Social Sciences Division at the University of Oxford, with researchers in the Department of Economics, the Blavatnik School of Government, and the Oxford Department for International Development
Conference papers address economic analysis of the broad issues relevant for economic development in Africa.
Papers discussing countries other than those in Africa are welcome, providing they deal with issues central to African development.
Only submissions which contain a Full Paper will go through the refereeing process as we cannot review incomplete submissions.
However, please take note of the following:
- you are only required to submit a draft of your full paper at this time, not the final version
- only the referee can see your paper at this time, it is not made available publicly (i.e. no one else will see the draft version)
- if the paper is accepted, you will have the opportunity to replace the draft with the final version before the Programme goes online
When you submit your paper, you will be asked to upload a pdf. The word limit for the abstract is 4000 words. The remainder of the paper can be any length providing the total size of the PDF file is less than 5MB
There is limited funding available to cover the cost of registration fees, flights and accommodation. In order to be shortlisted for funding, the applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- the applicant must be both the submitter and presenter of the paper
- the paper must be accepted to the Conference
- the applicant must be an African national
- the applicant must be currently working for an African institution or organisation
- the applicant must be currently living in the continent of Africa
- the applicant must be travelling to the conference from Africa
If your co-authors would also like to apply for funding, then they must be the submitter and presenter of their own unique paper that they have authored.
Applications for funding are made when you submit your paper online: to apply for funding, please click on YES in the section “Would you like to apply for funding” when you complete the online submission form
Visit conference webpage here