The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is an established national initiative, funded by the Department of Education and Skills and managed by the Council.
In 2017, we invested in a total of 1,179 postgraduate scholars, with over 5,000 individual scholarships for excellent research awarded to date.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is unique in the Irish research landscape and complements other channels for funded postgraduate education in the Irish eco-system. Among its features are:
- individual, prestigious awards for excellent research in the name of the applicant;
- an objective selection process using international, independent expert peer review;
- funding across all disciplines, from archaeology to zoology;
- with the exception of those funded by our strategic funding partners, awards for bottom-up, non-directed research.
- a stipend of €16,000 per annum
- a contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per annum
- eligible direct research expenses of €2,250 per annum
|Call open||6 September 2018|
|FAQ deadline||25 October 2018|
|Applicant deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 1 November 2018|
|Supervisor and referee deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 8 November 2018|
|Research office endorsement deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 15 November 2018|
|Call outcome||End of March 2019|
|Scholarship start date||1 September 2019|
- Potential applicants should read the 2019 Terms and Conditions carefully to ascertain whether or not they are eligible to apply. Indicative versions of the applicant, supervisor and referee forms are provided for information purposes only.
- All participants must create and submit their forms via the online system
If you do not find the answer to your query in the call documentation, you should contact the research office in your proposed institution which will provide information and clarification on the call. Research offices can send any queries they are unable to clarify to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the website of Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program for more information