Deadline: 13 August, 2018.
The Leibniz-Institute of Vegetable and Ornamental Crops (IGZ) conducts research in horticulture and related sciences, to promote a sustainable production of vegetables. They are a plant science institute, with a view on the use of plants as food and in our living environment.
This institute is interested in the generation of highly nutritional plant-based food. The work contributes to a sustainable production of high quality horticultural products meeting the consumer demands.
The Department of Plant quality and food security is looking for a
Reference number: 11/2018/3
to work in a BMBF funded joint project “Nutritional Intervention for Healthy Aging: Food Patterns, Behavior and Products” (NutriAct). The position will be filled at the earliest possible date and is initially limited to 31.05.2021.
Salary will be according to wage group EG 13 (TV-L, salary domain east, 50 % of the regular working time) depending on candidate skills and experiences.
– analyses of selected secondary and primary plant metabolites
– studies of selected issues on bioavailability and metabolism of selected secondary and primary plant metabolites
– development of new plant-based food products
– conception and evaluation of plant experiments, assistance within intervention studies
– publishing of research results
– a research project where you will have the possibility to interact with many researchers working on a broad range of topics
– an attractive workplace in an excellent equipped laboratory in the Berlin area
– a PhD project embedded in as structured PhD program with attractive training possibilities
The IGZ is an equal opportunity employer. Handicapped people with equal qualifications will be employed preferentially. The IGZ wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic background.
Skills and requirements:
– a highly motivated candidate with a master or equivalent degree in food chemistry, nutritional science, horticultural science, biology, bio-chemistry, or related disciplines
– effective knowledge in modern analytical techniques like HPLC/MS and GC/MS
– basic knowledge in molecular biological methods
– excellent English communication skills
– an ability to work independently in an interdisciplinary research field
- Reports, certificates
- Letter of Motivation
- List of Publication
Deadline for application is 13 August, 2018.
For more information and to apply, click here.