Deadline: 30 July, 2018
- The MIS is an initiative by the Malaysian Government to attract the best brain from around the world to pursue advanced academic studies in Malaysia. This scholarship aims to support Malaysian Government’s effort to attract, motivate and retain talented human capital from abroad.
- Talented international students with excellent academic records and outstanding co-curricular backgrounds are welcomed to apply for this scholarship and further their studies in any selected and well-established Malaysian public and selected private universities at postgraduate or post-doctoral level.
Priority Study Areas
- Science and Engineering.
- Agriculture and Fisheries.
- Economics and Islamic Finance.
- Information and Communication Technology.
- Biosecurity and Food Safety.
- Infrastructure and Utility.
- Environmental Studies.
- Health not including nursing, medicine, clinical pharmacy.
- Academic qualification :
- Obtained a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a CGPA of 3.5/4.0 at Bachelor Degree Level for Master’s Degree applicant;
- Possess CGPA 3.5/4.0 or very good result at Masters Degree level in a similar field of intended PhD study;
- Fo post-doctoral programme, the selection will be evaluated based on the number of books produced, reffered/non reffered journals, portfolio and parent copyright. The Post-Doctoral candidate must have excellent reputation in research and possesses knowledge related to the research to be carried out.
- Took one of the following English Language Proficiency Test and must not be more than two years validity during application. The list of tests and minimum score required :
- IELTS Academic Test with a score of at least 6.5; or
- TOEFL paper-based test with a score of at least 580; or computer-based test with a score of at least 230 or internet-based test with a score at least 92.
- In excellent health condition and certified by a Certified Doctor/Medical Professional. The cost of medical examination is to be borne by the applicants.
- Wrote a proposal that is relevant to the field of studies.
- Has applied for and gained admission to postgraduate and post-doctoral studies in Malaysia (conditional letters of offer will be accepted at the time of application or has a confirmation of acceptance or affiliation with the Universities in Malaysia).
Value of Awards
Each scholarship consists of:-
- Air tickets from recipient’s capital city to Malaysia.
- An approved tuition fees.
- Monthly maintenance allowance.
- Annual grant for books and internal travel.
- Medical / Health Insurance.
- Installation and Termination grant.
- Thesis allowance.
Applications will be considered according to the following selection criteria:-
- High-level academic achievement
- The quality of the research proposal and its potential contribution towards advancement of technology and human well-being.
- Excellent communication, writing and reading skills in English Language
General Condition of Award
- Scholarship holder must undertake full-time studies for postgraduate and post-doctoral studies at a campus of Malaysian Universities.It is the responsibility of the scholarship holders to confirm admission to the university.
- Scholarship holders must not change their programme during tenure of the scholarship except with written permission from their university and the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia.
- Scholarship holders must follow the approved programmes and abide by the university’s rules, regulations and codes of conduct.
- Any suspension from the university will result in immediate suspension of award. Monthly allowances are not payable during suspension, including suspension due to illness.
- It is the responsibility of successful candidates to apply for and meet the requirements for the issuing of an appropriate entry visa including medical examination. The offer of the scholarship does not guarantee the granting of a visa.
- Scholarship holders must maintain satisfactory progress and good standing as stipulated by their host university and degree programme, or the scholarship will be withdrawn.
- The scholarships are tenable in Malaysian universities and research must be carried out in Malaysia.
- Scholarship holders are not allowed to take any paid employment during their tenure unless with written approval from the host university.
Deadline foe application is 30 July, 2018
For more information and to apply, click here.