Deadline: 31 July, 2018
The Africa Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC) – a Specialized Technical Health Agency of the African Union, invites qualified candidates to apply for a full scholarship to undertake the full-time study in the Master of Science in Epidemiology degree programme at the University of the Witwatersrand’s School of Public
MSc in Epidemiology and Biostatistics
The MSc is a full time degree, taught over 18 months. The first 12 months comprise 12 one-week contact courses, with assignments, plus mid-year and year-end examinations. Students need to travel to Johannesburg to attend the courses and to write the examinations. In addition, research is conducted by the student with the output being a research report or research paper.
Who is eligible to apply for a bursary?
- Applicants need to have an appropriate four-year tertiary qualification (or equivalent), as indicated on the websites above.
- Applicants must be South African citizens or permanent South African residents. Applicants must be committed to conducting asbestos-related research.
How to apply
Interested applicants who meet the eligibility criteria can email Prof Gill Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org with a strong motivation as to why they require a bursary for their studies. In addition, please include:-
- A comprehensive CV (please detail all qualifications and work experience)
- A letter explaining why you want to do the MPH/ MSc
- Why you require a bursary.
The closing date for bursary applications is October 2018. Eligible applicants will be interviewed by a committee set up by the trustees of the Trusts.
In addition to applying for the bursary, all candidates must apply online for the MPH or MSc by July 2018
Scope of the bursary
The bursary covers all tuition fees but does not cover costs incurred in attending the MPH/MSc, e.g. books, transport, accommodation, meals, and incidental costs. Nor does it cover any research-related costs.
Deadline for application is 31 July, 3018
For more information. visit webpage by clicking here.